[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:58:32 +0200

* Jani Monoses <address@hidden> [May 31, 2004 11:30]:
> > You'd still have whatever overhead is required to check the users's
> > default -- after all some people might want to use "{arch}" on a
> > system where the default had been set to ".arch".
>
> Well with my proposed change some users would be happier others would
> have the same situation as today.

And what about schizofrenic people who have some projects using {arch}
and some using .arch?  And what about nested project trees, the check
would have to check for both directory names.  All this having a
multitude of options for something rather irrelevant is beyond me.  I
like seeing {arch}, it informs me that the directory tree is under
Arch's supervision and also that the {arch} directory is a bit special
and shouldn't be mucked about in too much.  I like hidden directories
and files, don't get me wrong - I'm just not sure there's a good reason
to make {arch} one of them.
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::