Re: [Gnu-arch-users] unifying =tagging-method and .arch-inventory

From: William Dode
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] unifying =tagging-method and .arch-inventory
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:32:21 +0200

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 05:58, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
>
>> [...] also that the {arch} directory is a bit special
>> and shouldn't be mucked about in too much.
>
> Not true - at least I pretty much always need to edit =tagging-method
> when starting a new project, usually a lot.  That's my major grief,
> where you hit all the {}= shell metacharacters.
>
> I wonder - maybe we could solve this whole thing by moving
> =tagging-method out into a new toplevel file, say .arch-tree-inventory?
> Then we could declare that users should never mess with stuff in {arch}
> by hand.  If they do, it's "not supported".

Good idea, i was never sure that it's ok to edit a file in {arch} by
hand.
I think also that it could be could to can define the =tagging-method
default in .arch-params, since almost all my projects are in python, i
would like to use the same regexps. It's not possible now isn't it ?

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net