Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Samium Gromoff
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:57:25 -0000

James Blackwell wrote:
> > Mark Flacy wrote:
> >> Tom, please resume wearing your tinfoil hat.
>
> Sam Gromoff then said:
> > I won`t be as polite as Nadim was -- i`ll just say bluntly:
> >
> > FOAD
> >
> > ... because that`s what i felt when i saw your message.
>
> Yeah. I think Tom is a bit off in left field too, but that doesn't mean
> anybody should stop attacking the idea, and start attacking the man.

Now i`m not even sure if i can talk proper english anymore.

A second person understands me in exact opposite of what i meaned.

Note that my mention of Nadim.

My message was:

Tom: i like your posts. i feel compassionate with the point you express.
     i think the problem you raise is very real. i`d like to hear more.

Mark: You are wrong by attacking Tom in the way you did. %$&^$% !

> Sure, I think that Tom is wrong too (the hawks won't be in power
> forever, and when they loose power, threats like the patriot act and
> suspending democracy will be either curtailed or suspended).

You see -- the trouble is that the actual problem in not so simple.

The hawks in power this time are a bit more than just that -- "hawks".

They have ideology behind them -- and that makes them _much_ more dangerous.

> But there's certainly _no_ call to take it to the personal level. Cmon
> man! Do we really want to live in a world in which we express death
> wishes when people give their opinions?

I was responding to Mark`s post, not Tom`s. (damn, i was pretty sure
it was damn clear)

> If I woke up and saw that I had written a post that was like that, I'd
> almost certainly get busy appologizing to everyone that was listening to
> me.
>
> Take care,
> James

regards, Samium Gromoff