Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:39:37 -0700

From: "Pierce T.Wetter III" <address@hidden>

OAnother interesting question is "why would they want to instill this
power in an (umbrella) federal law enforcement agency".

  They aren't.

You're right.  I misparsed a sentence in the news article which made
me think they were asking homeland security chief Ridge to ask
congress for the power; in fact, they are asking Ridge to ask congress
to give that power to EAC itself.

  My theory is that you were intended to misparse the sentence by CNN.

That's a rude theory (accusing me of lying) and discourages me from
reading further.

?? how is that accusing you of lying? I'm accusing CNN of purposely misdirecting you. So I guess I'm accusing CNN of a very subtle form of lying, but unless you secretly own CNN, I didn't accuse you.

In fact, it took me two tries of reading the article, before I realized it was the EAC not the DHS.

 Pierce