Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Tom Lord <address@hidden>

    >     >   My theory is that you were intended to misparse the sentence by
CNN.

    > That's a rude theory (accusing me of lying) and discourages me from
    > reading further.

And now you have a great example of the origin of such misreadings.

GRRR!!!!!   "were intended to", not simply "intended to".

My apologies.   I'll go back and read the rest of your post next time
I plow through this thread again.

I don't think, incidently, that it's necessary to posit a deliberate
attempt at obfuscation in that sentence by CNN.   Sloppy writing is a
simpler explanation.

You elsewhere suggest that CNN is over the top by linking the proposal
to the wars and 9/11.   Are you kidding?   That link was made by the
commission when they chose to address the memo to Ridge.