Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:28:36 -0700

On Jul 18, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Robin Green wrote:

Especially with regard to the occupation of Iraq. If Seymour Hersch's
allegations are true that young Iraqi boys were imprisoned and raped with broom-handles, on camera, with their mothers within earshot... that sounds
like Nazi behaviour to me.

I pointed out earlier that I couldn't find a reference for the broom handle
statement, though I did find a streaming version of the speech, which
I couldn't watch.

However, here someone who did watch the speech points out that Hersh didn't
say they were American soldiers (which is implied above).

http://radio.weblogs.com/0107946/2004/07/18.html#a1933

Here is his speech transcribed in full:

http://www.pastpeak.com/archives/2004/07/post_1.htm

 Which shows that its a little unclear what he meant.

 This is why I always like to go to the original sources. Our media is
too incompetent to be trusted to take notes. Anyways, I don't agree with
him to a large extent, which is why I recommend you read the transcript.
:-)

Pierce