Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:14:19 +0200

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 19:59, Miles Bader wrote:

> Oh, and please stop using the term "USian" -- the term is "American",
> like it or not.  Using a pejorative term for your conversation partner
> (or at least some of them) does _not_ help advance understanding, and
> makes you look childish.

I didn't intend to use the USian word as a pejorative word and I didn't
even know it was. Columbia is in america so does Canada so I think it's
presumptuous for just the US citizens to be called americans. If other
feel the USian is pejorative, I'd gladely change the word.

It would have been good if you spoke up earlier instead of being silent.

Nadim.