Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:11:31 -0700

On Jul 21, 2004, at 11:34 AM, Miles Bader wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 08:14:19PM +0200, nadim wrote:
I didn't intend to use the USian word as a pejorative word and I didn't even know it was. Columbia is in america so does Canada so I think it's
presumptuous for just the US citizens to be called americans. If other
feel the USian is pejorative, I'd gladely change the word.

For better for or worse, the term for U.S. citizen is "American".

 I have a personal, very weird reason for preferring American to
uzian.

 That is simply that I think its funny we call ourselves after the
name of a guy who simply drew a map.

 Pierce