Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Roman Zippel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:46:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

>    2. Steal your oil:
>
>       If all we wanted was their oil, we could have gotten that very
> easily.
> Saddam offered the US these huge discounts if we would lift sanctions,
> etc. And anyways, how exactly did we steal their oil? It's still there.
> They pump it out of the ground and sell it.

It's about control and leaving Saddam in control over it was not option
for the US gov.

>   Here's a cowboy parable for you:
>
>   So there was a snake in my front yard, and I let it go by because it
> was
> just a green snake, and they aren't poisonous.
>
>   There was a snake in my back yard, where my children play, and I
> killed it because you don't stop to check whether a snake is poisonous
> if its in your back yard.
>
>   Then a snake bit one of my kids.
>
>   Now I kill the snakes in my front yard whether their poisonous or not.

1. Fascists also declared Jews to nonhuman, there were vermins that had to
be exterminated. I don't want to accuse you of being a fascist, that would
be counterproductive. I would rather suggest you read a bit more about
what brought the fascist into power and more important what kept them
there and made it possible to create the atrocities. Once you understand
that you might have an idea, why europeans are so concerned about the
current US government.
2. While talking about cowboys, it's not necessarily an insult here
either and we don't mean no disrespect to real cowboys, but we just know
that cowboy methods are not really helpful in international affairs. We
talk so much, because we want to try understand and solve problems not
create more of them.

bye, Roman