Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Round II -- new language, arch, furth, etc.

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Round II -- new language, arch, furth, etc.
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:07:08 -0400

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 11:29 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> > I am unconvinced that people are going to be typing "tla submit" often
> > enough that it is necessary to create a new configuration language.
>
> Why do you think people won't be using "tla submit"?

In its current form it is way too limited.  When people submit Rhythmbox
patches, they often want to describe the patch.  How is that going to
work?  Would tla become a MUA?  What if they also want to attach a
backtrace from a core file?  What if they want to GPG-sign the message?
What if we have an existing infrastructure like Bugzilla for handling
these kinds of things?  For a larger project, how would they choose the
"component" a bug report corresponds to?  What about authentication?