Re: FW: Professional ???

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: FW: Professional ???
Date: 13 Dec 2000 13:35:02 +0100

Christian Mondrup <address@hidden> writes:

> What I personally prefer in that context is rather a way of entering
> music lines in a source file resembling the order of the staff lines
> in the real, resulting score.

LilyPond has pmx and abc input conversion scripts, would that help?
It should be rather straightforward to make a lilypond input converter
for a new staff-oriented language that you might think up for this.

> Even if it might be slightly off-topic I would like to share my very
> positive experience with the shareware

I do not consider this slightly off topic.  Advocating non free
software on a GNU list suggests a more than moderate level of
ignorance.

> obvious typesetting choice since it offers access to line- and curve
> drawing commands needed for some branches of contemporary notation.

I have never seen a feature request for lines of curves.  Is there
consensus about the musical meaning of such lines?  Do you have an
example?

> This is not meant as an encouragement to drop lily! I highly appreciate
> the efforts put into the lily-development and the results of it.

> Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer

The best way for a computer programmer to show his appreciation for a
free software package would be to implement some of the killer
features any other non free packages may have :-)

Greetings,
Jan.