Re: FW: Professional ???

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: FW: Professional ???
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:53:23 -0500

Forgive me, but I don't know enough about the gimp to know whether this
would be practical or not.

If most notes and symbols were layered on fields small enough to hold
in memory but large enough to grab, fine adjustments could be made in
the gimp by dragging. I'm sure that we all would rather that everything
worked without problems, but this would be a way to improve useability
*now*.

Once the ability to print to gimp in its own format were gained, the
occasional broken feature could be a minor annoyance rather than a major
disaster for the serious user. I know that this would be difficult to
do, but it only has to be done once, and once done it would take a lot
of pressure off. I think I detect a certain frustration here.

This is not a matter of principle. Text is still put in one end and
graphics come out the other, will he nill he.

It would also make experimental notation possible.

I put 512M of ram on my BP6 for about $300 last spring. I'm sure it's
even cheaper now. Got a memory hog? Bring it on!

Chill, people. And many thanks and merry Xmas to all.

.daveA