Vector touchup

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Vector touchup
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:15:43 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> http://www.levien.com/svg/report1.html
>
> KIllustrator might be a good way to go.  Um, is Lily still using
> bitmap fonts, or is it using all metapost outlines?  Are lingering
> bitmaps the reason for fonts in discrete increments (paper20,
> paper16 etc)?  That could actually make a big difference in terms of
> feasibilty.  If slurs are already pixelated in the output, you are
> screwed from the start.

Lily outputs a rather abstract vector format (we also do PS), the problem is
in getting Corel Draw (or what ever) to accept the bitmapped fonts
that are in the .ps files.

If you want vector graphics output, I suggest we look into supporting
a different format next to .ps and .tex (eg. .svg). It should not be
that hard.