Re: Debian patch for LilyPond 1.3.119

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Debian patch for LilyPond 1.3.119
Date: 23 Dec 2000 12:29:22 +0100

Anthony Fok <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyhow, here is a new patch for 1.3.119.  Enjoy!

Thanks, the package builds again.  Before, we had troubles with
`dh_installchangelogs -k': can't use -k for native debian package or
so.

> BTW, I had to fix some stuff in development.itexi (?) so it would build
> properly.  I am not sure if the way I fixed it was what you intended
> though, so please double check before adding it to your source.

Thanks!  We're always using --force, to be sure of a build, but the
info pages may not be browsable when errors occur.

> BTW, to build the lilypond deb, make sure all the packages listed in
> debian/control are installed.  And I won't suggest using "make deb"
> in the GNUmakefiles.  Let's just use the tried-and-true method.

Ha, but you fixed it, and it now does `dpkg-buildpackage -r fakeroot',
which currently is the tried-and-true method, I guess?  I'm still a
bit of a Debian distro newbe.

> I usually just use the "debuild" command.

Is that perchance

    12:23:55 appel ~$ locate build | grep deb
    /usr/bin/dh_builddeb
    /usr/share/man/man1/dh_builddeb.1.gz

Ah, or maybe

    12:27:27 appel ~$ apt-cache search debuild
    devscripts - Scripts to make the life of a Debian Package
    maintainer easier

but devscripts is currently not available, it seems.

Greetings,
Jan.