Re: Debian patch for LilyPond 1.3.119

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Debian patch for LilyPond 1.3.119
Date: 26 Dec 2000 13:02:13 +0100

Christophe Rhodes <address@hidden> writes:

> My experience on building lily is that the current debian unstable g++
> produces a binary that segfaults;

If lilypond segfaults, that's a serious bug.  Would you like to build
lilypond 1.3.119 with debugging info (-g), and send a stacktrace from gdb?

> treated only as a suspicion. This was reproduceable across different
> computers, incidentally, so it's probably not just a random glitch.

As you mention unstable, it should be noted that there are
incompatibilities involving the transition to glibc-2.2 and the c++
libraries.  I know there have been conflicts in unstable during the
last weeks, I don't know if they're resolved; maybe you should
upgrade.  I assume that you're using i386; the version of g++ that
debian ships for powerpc (the same as for i386, urg), has real ugly
problems for powerpc.  Since I've switched to debian-ppc, I've had to
build my own compiler and libraries.

Greetings,
Jan.