Re: GNU System Explanation

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: GNU System Explanation
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:00:01 +0100

   From: "Alfred M\. Szmidt" <address@hidden>
   Cc: address@hidden

      > Can someone please give me a concise explanation of what the
      > intended goals are here?

      The goal is to make package installation and removal as easy as cp and rm.

   This is only one goal, making GNU usable for everyone is another, and
   making GNU easy to install is yet another.  Package installation is
   only a small, but important, sub goal.

I agree with that affirmation. Our goal is to allow everyone to actually use
GNU.

Xavier