Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:18:17 +0100

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 09:58:23AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) skribis:
> > Putting explicit effort on release "the" GNU system would not help any
> Alfred, as you very well know, the effort has been put already.

And continues to be put by a team of volunteers.

GNU Guix is a GNU project that packages a distribution of GNU software,
including GNU Linux-libre, and with work being done on GNU Hurd. It is
based on GNU Guile. It has been favourably received at the last three
GNU Hackers' Meetings. It is difficult to imagine more GNU...

As I can see it, the only "effort" missing is the GNU project declaring
that this is the official GNU system.

Andreas