Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 07:41:30 -0500

   >    (how can you say “a thing A is more important than an other
   >    thing B, therefore we have to put more effort on A than B”, if
   >    B can influence A, more than A can influence B, and this
   >    applied to a really complex development ecosystem?) and
   >
   > Nobody is saying that A is more important than B.

   Not exactely, but it’s close to say A has priority on B, and at the
   end it has the same consequences.

It is no such thing.

   >    forcing Hurd to follow and implement POSIX and other depassed
   >    standards.
   >
   > The Hurd is not forced to follow any standards, nor is POSIX a
   > "depassed" standard.  POSIX is a very good base for all things UNIX.

   Pipes are a nightmare on Hurd I heard. I don’t remind if it was
   braurn or youpi who said me POSIX was a big constraint and that
   with the Hurd revolutionary architecture there were far better way
   to do things than as they’re done with POSIX.

Being a constraint is not the same thing as forcing anyone to follow
POSIX.  Nor are pipes a "nighmare" in the Hurd, that is just silly
talk.