Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 06:52:12 -0500

   > We achived it many years ago in the form of GNU/Linux.  And then in
   > the form of the first 100% free software distributions.

   It's clear from the context that I'm talking about a GNU project's
   distribution of the GNU system.

The project goal was to make _a_ free system.

   > GUIX is an 100% free operating system, so says the GNU maintainer of
   > GUIX and the web page for GUIX.  And so says RMS.

   I'm sure they never meant that.  No one in his right mind would
   conflate both.  Only you are taking it literally.

One of the original goals of GUIX was always to make a distribution.

   Since I've done nothing wrong, as a GNU maintainer, I have the
   right to be and stay here.  You may have the power to get me out,
   but you haven't the right.

Being A GNU maintainer does not give you the right to be on any
specific list, nor to be unfriendly here or any where else, rather it
puts a higher bar on how you behave.  Maybe you are having a bad week,
I do not know.  But as the administrator of this list, it is my job to
keep the tone friendly here -- please keep a friendly tone and there
is no problem.  Do you think you can do that?