Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:00:05 +0000

address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:
>      Some, lamentably, include some very non-GNU
>      components, but despite those warts and festering lesions, are
>      still essentially GNU systems.
>
> A component being very non-GNU doesn't mean that it is a wart. :-)
> Rather, non-free software that comprises a GNU system in any form is
> the wart.

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear in my wording.  That's what I meant by
non-GNU in that case: totally at odds with our philosophy.  I should
have been clearer and just said non-free.  Of course I recognize that
there are important non-GNU (as in, not officially GNU software) free
software packages that help comprise the GNU system (I think I said as
much in another part).

-brandon

--
Brandon Invergo