Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:08:06 -0200

Em Sat, 22 Nov 2014 05:35:55 -0500
address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) escreveu:

> We achived it many years ago in the form of GNU/Linux.  And then in
> the form of the first 100% free software distributions.

It's clear from the context that I'm talking about a GNU project's
distribution of the GNU system.

> GUIX is an 100% free operating system, so says the GNU maintainer of
> GUIX and the web page for GUIX.  And so says RMS.

I'm sure they never meant that.  No one in his right mind would
conflate both.  Only you are taking it literally.

> Please see http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html for a list of
> 100% free operating systems.  Clearly they don't exist.

Well, I just checked it and *the* GNU system isn't there. :-(

> If you continue trolling this list, I will simply remove you from it.
> You continue to be unfriendly in tone, and make absurd claims.

Here you go again...

Since I've done nothing wrong, as a GNU maintainer, I have the right to
be and stay here.  You may have the power to get me out, but you haven't
the right.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;