Re: (html emails) Re: systemd replacement or standardization

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: (html emails) Re: systemd replacement or standardization
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:58:52 +0530

* Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> [2019-10-16 02:30]:
>    Emacs alone cannot handle emails as fast as I wish it should. It is
>    good for smaller volumes.
>
> I think it handles large volumes immensly well, only today I had to go
> through about 300 messages.

To tell specifics from my side, I am using maildirs and not mbox or
Rmail or other single file formats, and when I have tried using Gnus
with maildirs, it started creating huge new index of maildirs
duplicating the maildir sizes from many gigabytes to double amount,
and process never ended. Thus my specific case does not refer to
mboxes.

Rmail is quite usable and nice, Gnus is probably too, it is just not
good for my specific case of using Maildirs.

Other mail packages are also nice, I think Wanderlust (if not mistaken
by name) is supporting various folders, yet I don't have same speed as
using mutt. I wish there would be some solution, I did not find it
yet.

maildir package in elpa is about almost there to support maildirs,
sometimes I use it, but is incomplete.

Jean