Re: Arch archive setup

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Arch archive setup
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:39:20 +0200

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 15:48, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
> > Why would it be best to use taglines? I'm not opposed or in favor, I've
> > just used explicit tagging until now. So why taglines?
> >
> Explicit tagging is OK too. Taglines have the nicety that you don't
> have to remember to 'tla mv' the IDs (and the 'changes' output is
> nicer, since it doesn't list the .id files :-).

I think I'm going to side with Rob on this one ;) I guess I'm used to
having to tell CVS about everything I do. I feel more comfortable with
this one, if it doesn't bother you too much. But either way. If you have
a strong preference for taglines, that's ok.

> > However, we can't promise that
> > the GTK 2.6 bindings will be backwards-compatible with the 2.4 bindings,
> > since things are still in flux on the gobject level (although they might
> > be settling down a bit).
> >
> So I guess this would mean we probably need to branch before we
> activly start hacking on GNOME 2.6 features.

Probably right. Jesus, I hope we can get releases out soon.

Cheers.
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>