Re: Location revisited, column tracking...

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Location revisited, column tracking...
Date: 25 Jul 2002 18:52:14 +0200

I wish to say that I'm not trying to refrain you from doing what you
want.  I'm giving my not so humble opinion of someone who wrote
several location tracking Flex scanners, period.  I gave all the
arguments I have, so you should not hear from me again on this point.

But, and this is a different issue, do not rely on some definition of
Bison's location_t, as it is valid only for gran'pa Yacc parsers, it
is not valid for C++ output, and GLR parsers.

But again, we are free not to use it, I agree.