Re: nautilus-admin

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: nautilus-admin
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 21:19:35 -0700

Hi Gottfried,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 7:38 AM Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> wrote:

> I have constantly problems to copy something to my external harddrive,
> because it needs root rights.

Mounting hard drives is generally a privileged operation, but a lot of
people use external storage. I believe Gnome can make such storage
available to a user who is logged in. Have you looked into gvfs? [1]

FUSE stands for "file system in user space." [2]

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/kn-in/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/html/administering_the_system_using_the_gnome_desktop_environment/managing-storage-volumes-in-gnome_administering-the-system-using-the-gnome-desktop-environment
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace