Re: nautilus-admin

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: nautilus-admin
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 15:26:27 +0000

Hi,

thanks for this hint.

I can use caja /MATE desktop
sudo caja and then I can enter the external harddrive with sudo rights and create directories etc.

Kind regards

Gottfried

Am 12.04.23 um 16:59 schrieb guix.gnu.org-p@trilingual.eu:

12 Apr 2023 16:39:24 Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>:

Hi,

I have constantly problems to copy something to my external harddrive, because
it needs root rights.
I can do it only in the commandline, which gives me a lot of trouble, e.g. when
I want to copy all directories at once.
I don’t know the command for it.

In "nautilus" Gnome there is an extension "nautilus-admin" which allows users
to use root rights in the GUI using nautilus.
But this package "nautilus-admin" is not packed in guix.

Could somebody pack it for Guix?
I can’t do that.

Kind regards

Gottfried
Hi Gottfried,
as a workaround you could start nautilus as root from a terminal by typing "sudo
nautilus".

--
Pascal