Re: to enable all profiles at login time

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: to enable all profiles at login time
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 14:55:10 +0000

Hi,
thanks for help

Then you're all set. It should be working now 😄

Try closing the terminal and opening it again. Are the commands from
your profiles (e.g. `libreoffice`) available immediately, without the
need to run any manual `guix` commands? They should be

No, I put libreoffice in a separate profile,
so in the terminal it is not found:

gfp@Tuxedo ~$ libreoffice
-bash: libreoffice: Kommando nicht gefunden.
gfp@Tuxedo ~$ frescobaldi
-bash: frescobaldi: Kommando nicht gefunden.
gfp@Tuxedo ~$ lilypond
-bash: lilypond: Kommando nicht gefunden.

Also other packages from different profiles are not found.

But I have a symbol of libreoffice on my desktop and if I klick on it, it will open libreoffice (an older version). The symbol didn’t disappear after uninstalling libreoffice from my default profile.

So may be I didn’t understand everything yet, what I have to do.

I have to open each profile with
guix shell -p ~/Projekte/e.g.: Icecat/guix-profil

Kind regards

Gottfried