Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 23:24:42 +0200

Dnia poniedziałek, 25 maja 2015 19:09:50 Yoni Rabkin pisze:
> What I've heard so far are compelling arguments for both sides of the
> general principle. What I haven't heard is a specific reason why the FSF
> should change the license on a particular page. Translations have been
> mentioned, but those already exist on the FSF pages. And I've personally
> downloaded a copy of the fsf site from its version control system, made
> modifications, and sent patches which have been applied, so I can't say
> I've met any other issues with modifying the site either.
>
> On a personal note, reading all of this has helped me focus my thinking
> on this issue. Specifically:
>
>     Software runs the same on every equivalent computer. Computers are
> not unique; one loaded with the same software is as good as
> another. This isn't true of people because people are unique. These
> unique personal opinions of people matter and deserve to be heard and
> preserved as a unique representation of an unique individual; a human
> voice. To reflect this, I will be moving my personal blog from CC-BY-SA
> to a BY-ND license, namely:
> [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/]

That is a sad conclusion. Specifically because it is false -- copyright
protects your right for a unique representation of your individual thought
regardless of license you choose to release it under.

As has been discussed here in this thread many, many times.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147