Re: Using texi2html for the documentation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Using texi2html for the documentation
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:56:45 -0300

2008/3/25, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> John Mandereau:
>

>  > It looks that we web browser users are too lazy to switch preferred
>  > language to see the site in another language (often in English), then
>  > switch it back to our mother's language.
>

> Wow.  Yes, I do not see it as our job to fix this.  As long as they keep
>  being lazy, they'll hit this problem everywhere around the web.

I'm not sure I agree.  I am also annoyed at the language I get served
on lp.org, and find it more intuitive if I keep getting language X
pages once I clicked the "language X" link.

I think most 'serious' websites use language negotiation only as a
first guess, and store the language preference after that as a cookie
so it is remembered across pages and across sessions;  I'm not
advocating to do that (sounds like a lot of work), but we could have a
mechanism that minimizes language switches during a session.