Re: Patch for LaTeX lilypond-syntax change

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Patch for LaTeX lilypond-syntax change
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:07:50 +0100

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 04:06:50PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Well, you could add a @knownissues to the lilypond-book docs
> > mentioning the deprecated syntax.
>
> It's not really an issue that old files with a different syntax happen
> to continue to work.

I agree that it's a bit of an abuse of @knownissues, but since we
do that elsewhere, at least it's consistent abuse.  :)

> And this back compatibility has no known downsides.

It makes the lilypond-book code slightly more complicated?  I
agree that this isn't a big deal.

> I guess if the old syntax is to be deprecated (and it causes problems
> with LaTeX-aware editors and tools and startles LaTeX users, and
> _likely_ ), this deprecation needs to be a news
> item at some point of time.

I think we'll remove it in lilypond 3.0, as part of the GLISS
changes.  Granted, this is probably 18 months in the future.