Re: Lilypond 2.20 on Mac 10.15

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.20 on Mac 10.15
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:15:17 +0100

> On 26 Mar 2020, at 12:57, Moritz Heffter <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Well this is bringing me one step further. I think the problem is that some
> libraries are not found. Especially guile.
>
> I’ve now completely removed macports (I’ve installed it only because of
> Lilypond) and reinstalled the Lilypond package of version 2.19 from Hans
> again. It installs into /opt/lilypond by default and I can’t prevent this.
> The result is again a segmentation fault. BTW the problem is the same with
> the 2.19 oder 2.20 version from macports.

Both MacPorts and the installer use full paths, so that cannot be changed. I
made the choice with Werner to put the installer in /opt/lilypond/ which is
suggested by the FHS.

> BTW, /opt is in read-only mode. I’m not able to remove it.

One should have permissions drwxr-xr-x, as by ls -l, for /opt/, /opt/local/ and
/opt/lilypond/.

> Maybe I have to switch off the system integrity protection for that but I’m
> doing this only if I have time.

'csrutil status’ gives enabled here. So that is not the problem.