Re: [GMG-Devel] Migrating from transifex (bis)

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Migrating from transifex (bis)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 10:23:12 -0500

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 04:16:01PM +0300, Boris Bobrov wrote:
> On Sunday 16 November 2014 08:26:57 Ineiev wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 03:16:15AM +0300, Boris Bobrov wrote:
> > > I think that we could move all our <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/mediagoblin.po
> > > files to their <lang>/LC_MESSAGES/mediagoblin.<lang>.po. Am I right?
> >
> > It would be great for Pootle admins: they wouldn't have to add links
> > for new languages.
>
> Great, then I'll do it today.

Then I'm removing the symlinks.

> While reading Pootle docs I've found that it can generate a PO from a POT:
> http://pootle.readthedocs.org/en/latest/features/templates.html#starting-a-new-translation
>
> It also seems that pybabel generates POT. How can we make Pootle act on this
> POT?

Perhaps the "Temlate" language should be present, and Pootle may not
understand directory layout, anyway; but in fact, I'm not sure
why we want to use Pootle to initially generate PO; it's basically
just cp mediagoblin.pot mediagoblin.$lang.po; more precisely, one can
cd $pot_dir; msginit -l cv_RU.utf8 mediagoblin.cv.po (of course,
humans still can fill more fields reasonably than msginit does).