[Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for windows 7

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for windows 7 (64 bit))
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 02:55:25 +1000

On 24/06/2013, at 1:13 AM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony Theodore schrieb:

>>> Thank you very much! When do you think it will be merged into the
>>> "stable" branch?
>>
>> It's hard to say, master is quite "stable" these days, but we haven't done a
>> full round of testing for some time.
>
> Yes, I didn't find to the time to announce and to
> coordinate one in the last months. Would be great
> if someone else of the core team could take care
> of that.

It's working smoothly on Debian and OSX for me now, so I've put out a call for
testers.

> Ideally, the stable branch would be upgraded at
> least once per month, after a regular monthly
> testing round.

How are we going to name/version these updates? I've started on the "release"
notes:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/d311959c2401e55e32143a77e8b65bbf2816d570

but got stuck with what to call the latest version and I'm not sure if we're
going to start using git tags or not (seem to have lost all the old mercurial
ones?).

Cheers,

Tony