Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for window

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for windows 7 (64 bit))
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:39:45 +0200

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> On 22/07/2013, at 2:39 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

> […]
>
> >  It works perfectly locally, and the fallback is also seamless:
>
> Oddly, in Chrome, I'm now seeing this in the console:
>
> "XMLHttpRequest cannot load file://localhost/Users/tonyt/dev/mxe/src/agg.mk.
> Cross origin requests are only supported for HTTP."

Oh yes, I almost forgot. To test this locally in Chrome, you
need a minimal web server, because file:/// URLs don't work.

It's a pity, but I don't know what to do about it. But as
it works for our website (via HTTP), this is no big deal.

Also, I can partly understand why Chrome is doing that,
as you probably don't want every downloaded (saved) HTML
website to have full access to all your files. However,
I think they could at least enable access to sub directories.

> Not an issue, but I could have sworn it worked the other day (still working
> in Safari).

Maybe at some time you had checked out the stable branch?
(That's the trap I run sometimes into.)

Regards,
Volker

--