Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for window

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable update process (was Re: mxe for windows 7 (64 bit))
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:39:48 +1000

On 22/07/2013, at 9:54 AM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Volker Grabsch schrieb:
>> If we move the version number from index.html back to the *.mk
>> files, all those small commits will vanish.
>>
>> The JavaScript then has a quite easy job to just "fill in" the
>> version numbers into the table. On disabled JavaScript, you still
>> see the whole package list, just without version numbers.
>
> I went ahead and implemented this approach, because although
> this solution might not be perfect, it is a big improvement
> over the current situation.

Looks great, thanks! Only needing to touch index.html for new packages and
website changes should take care of most issues. It works perfectly locally,
and the fallback is also seamless:

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/mxe/mxe/master/index.html#packages

I can now see how this could be extended to add columns for supported targets
(and possibly sizes and relative build times).

> Sorry to all MXE users that this will trigger a total
> rebuild (because all *.mk files changed). If this is really
> a problem for someone, it might help to touch all files
> in "./usr/installed/" before running "make".

this changed to "./usr/*/installed/" recently, and I've started a full download
and clean build as a final test.

Cheers,

Tony