netpanzer-devel

[netPanzer-Devel] Plans

From: Matze Braun
Subject: [netPanzer-Devel] Plans
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:59:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Some thoughts about development plans (also answers to the other mails,
but I wasn't subscribed until now):

-Ripping out win32 code:
I think supporting msvc for testing isn't really worth the effort. (I
personally don't have msvc anyway). We will need to scatter the code with
lots of #ifdefs and can't change the interfaces to the system specific
things. In general it's hard to keep msvc compatibility for all the people
without msvc.

-About Source Layout:
I'd propose to keep the layout for now until we have a better
understanding of the code. (@Tyler: while doing the build I realized that
the code in Lib isn't really a library, it is referencing LOTS of stuff
from the source in the NetPanzer dir :-/)

-Infrastructure/Cvs:
Yes, cvs write acces would be nice for some people :)
Apart from that I think a wiki would be usefull for tracking informations
we want to write down (I've got very good experiences with wikis in other
coding projects). You could setup a wiki on the homepage Ingo?

-Next Plans:
Well next thing I want to do is analyzing the source code to get a picture
of what's going on :) If you start with STL Tyler, then I'll look
at the network code.

Greetings,
        Matze