netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] DirectDraw

From: tcnielsen
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] DirectDraw
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:54:45 -0600 (MDT)

> Great this was alot faster than I expected :)
> Does this work on linux already? You last paragraph sounds like it's msvc
> only?
>
> Greetings,
>       Matze

Yeah, it's only working under msvc (the stuff I wrote will/should compile
under linux, but there are alot of other changes needed).  It's simple
stuff, and needs more work, but it's there.

I think there is a reason to keep the msvc stuff around.  As we convert to
linux, if we keep it working we can test each change as it's commited and
will lower the debug time.  That's one advantage over mingW.  That said,
I'm ok with whatever way we go.  But I'll wait to commit my stuff until we
decide.  (It's written to keep DirectX in for a while, if we are yanking
it out now, then I want to clean some stuff up first).

Tyler