openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Questions for more experienced users

From: John Coldrick
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Questions for more experienced users
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:56:33 -0500

On Thursday 22 February 2007 20:05, Chris Cox wrote:
> No, OpenEXR has added as many flavors, possibly more.
>
> Yes, there can be bugs in some applications that prevent interoperation -
> but the same is true for any file format.
>
> It sounds like you're avoiding TIFF because you just don't know TIFF.

        Please, don't be patronizing.  I'm an end-user, and we use a lot of
different
file formats here, between different departments.  Don't start telling me I
don't understand something when countless applications and platforms bitch
and complain about tiff flavours, and OExr doesn't.  There's an army of
people over on a 2D/3D list I'm on that beg to differ with you, me among
them.

        Design specs and "rules" are meaningless if they aren't followed, or
there's
politics and lawsuits involved.  OExr isn't perfect, but here we've found it
a far better solution for day to day over tiff.  Where it's currently weak is
in the range of supported applications, which we're hoping will only improve.

        J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada
address@hidden                                        M5V 3E7
To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.