openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Questions for more experienced users

From: Deke Kincaid
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Questions for more experienced users
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:25:25 -0800

        Please, don't be patronizing.  I'm an end-user, and we use a lot of
different
file formats here, between different departments.  Don't start telling me I
don't understand something when countless applications and platforms bitch
and complain about tiff flavours, and OExr doesn't.  There's an army of
people over on a 2D/3D list I'm on that beg to differ with you, me among
them.

Exactly.  I have to write out tiffs one way for Prman, another way for
Mental Ray, another way for Flame/Inferno, another way for anyone on
Shake for windows.  Shake on Linux/Mac is the only one that seems to
be able to read and write all different versions.  It's frustrating,
ie, I don't use tiff unless they force me to (which unfortunatly the
current job exclusively uses).

-deke