pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] some patches

From: Haran Shivanan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] some patches
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:15:33 +0530 (IST)

Module 'Colin Leroy' core dumped on Sun, 5 Jan 2003 with the following output

> sorry to say so, but how do you want standards to be used if even Good
> Projects don't respect them?
> Mozilla's pickiness about standards have been a pain in the beginning but
> on the long term it's helping websites to become better. Same goes for
> sigs imho...

Those were my intial thoughts. But, one of the software design
principles I've come across is:
"Be stringent in what you send and flexible in what you accept"

IMHO, making the program flexible for the user (it's really cumbersome,
having to manually edit out the sigs) is more important than trying to
stubbornly make everyone follow the standard.

But thats just my opinion.
I guess its a matter of individual perspective.

> Afaik latest version of outlook express doesn't strip the space anymore,
> the bug has finally been fixed by the "reactive" people at microsoft.
I suspected that most of the badly formed sigs were because of Outlook.
I guess, the problem's solved.
--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by him right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and