pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] some patches

From: Haran Shivanan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] some patches
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:59:15 +0530 (IST)

Module 'Charles Kerr' core dumped on Mon, 6 Jan 2003 with the following output

> Regarding \n--\n, I think we should accept it for reading as long as we
> are reasonably sure it's at the end of the article.
> Perhaps if the number of lines underneath \n--\n exceeds N (six?)
> then we wouldn't treat it as a signature delimiter.
>
> message-window.c has some code to find the signature delimiter.
> Haran, would you extract that out and promote that up to util.[ch]
> so that text.c and message-window.c can share it?

Done.
I've added the functions pan_remove_signature() and
pan_is_signature_delimitor() to util.c and changed the code in text.c and
message-window.c to reflect these changes.

pan_remove_signature() iterates line-by-line through the body and gets the
last (if any) signature delimitor. It then determines if it is standard
(\n-- \n) or non-standard (\n--\n).
If the signature is non-standard and the number of lines proceeding it is
greater than SIG_THRESHOLD (defined as 6) it is ignored, otherwise, the
signature is removed.

The diffs are made against the cvs sources I fetched a little while
earlier so these changes also reflect the earlier code to update
colors and so forth...

Altogether, 6 patches (one for each file)
I hope this is OK.

--
"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suite"-Sir Frederick G. Banting