pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Version 0.91 impressions

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Version 0.91 impressions
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:00:37 +0100

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Jim Reiss wrote:

> It appears that all tasks disappear if you exit the program.  I don't
> know if that's the case with a crash, but either way I think there
> should at least be an option to resume tasks from a previous session.  I
> have sometimes exited the CVS version because it got stuck on a
> download, and would have been disappointed if the tasks had vanished.

This wasn't my experience - I had a download hang [1] last night (after an hour
:-() so having read this message thought I'd have to restart but this
morning on restarting pan it is going from where it was.

> I'd really like to be able to change the layout from the default.

me2 - but thanks Charles for fixing the tab selection in 0.91

> Is there any way to prioritize one server over another for downloading?
> Some have unlimited plans, while some charge by bandwidth used.

I have a local leafnode server but also some external servers so I'd really
like pan to use the local server in the case of the groups held locally!

Robert
[1] I got a message about a socket error in the event log
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall