pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Policy discussion: GNKSA

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Policy discussion: GNKSA
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:21:27 +0000 (UTC)

Rhialto posted on Sun, 03 Jul 2011 15:09:22 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Sun 03 Jul 2011 at 11:03:41 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>> So I'd prefer to keep the 4-connections GUI cap and the 100% GNKSA seal
>> of approval, but it's nothing I feel incredibly strongly about,
>> certainly not like top posting or HTML or the like.
>
> I tend to agree. And it's an easy enough change to revert anyway.
> (It could even be made a configure option, default to 4, for those who
> want to break the seal)

Well, it's already a config option.  But the current gui max for that
option is 4 connections in accordance with GNKSA.  What we're talking
about is whether we raise the GUI cap on that option, thus breaking GNKSA,
or not.  People could still set as few or as many as they want, up to
whatever the cap is in the GUI, or as many as they want beyond the cap
editing the config file directly, whatever we choose.  The only specific
thing we're debating is whether the GUI connection config max should be
four, or bust thru GNKSA, and go higher.  But even if we go with
HMueller's 20 (or even go 100!), a user can still set only four if they
want, thus not breaking GNKSA themselves.  But pan wouldn't get that seal
any more.