pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Policy discussion: GNKSA

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Policy discussion: GNKSA
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 11:02:24 -0700

On 07/03/2011 08:01 AM, George Czerw wrote:
I agree with Travis, keep the GNKSA stamp.
I can't imagine why anyone would really NEED more than 4 connections.

I only use Pan for text groups, so I've no need for multiple connections. I agree about keeping the GNKSA stamp, but have a question: how old is the GNKSA standard, and how long has it been since it's been updated? I ask because I'm wondering if a four connection limit is still appropriate. Considering the fact that most laptops today are probably more powerful than the average server was back when the standard was set and that most services use multiple servers is a limit of four still appropriate? I don't know, but I am curious.