pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] GNKSA

From: James Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] GNKSA
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:17:38 +0100

Beartooth wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:38:29 -0700, walt wrote:
[....]
Um, crap, I just sent an email to Jeroen at gnksa.org about exactly the
same subject.  I'll bet he's already cursing the pan email list for
causing him headaches.

        Maybe not. Look at part of his reply to Joe Zeff :

I don't think there's any other interest in updating it or even paying any attention to it any longer. I think it's now time for us to ask ^^^^ ourselves if complying to an otherwise dead standard is in Pan's best ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
interests, and if not, what other changes are appropriate.
How about having a box to select to "break the standard", then you are allowed a higher maximum. That way its up to the users to be selfish or not.

James