paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Log Formats

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Log Formats
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:30:02 +0100

>>> ralhan <address@hidden> 19-Jul-01 7:52:48 PM >>>

   So what my feeling is that Log Format for starters can
   be kept in initialization file.
   if given we can arrange log according to that otherwise
   we use default one.

With an xml-config engine (such as Gokul and I were discussing) this
would be easy.

With the command line boot class, it's not so easy. We could possibly
allow an argument to the --log-webhits switch. The argument would
specify a string like the one you describe.

We could perhaps use a property.

As a side note I plan to alter the GCJ startup so that it
automatically converts environment strings into java properties. I
wish Sun hadn't depreceated the env stuff.

   "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\""

Hmmm... I can probably do a hardcoded version really quickly. But the
rest of it would take me some time.  The current WebLog filter (in
CVS) looks a bit more like this.

I haven't put in the content-length because that's a little more
difficult to collect. What happens if the HTTP stream is chunked for
example?

How about having a go at the configurable but yourself? You can alter
the existing WebLog filter quite easily.

Nic