qemu-devel

Re: ui/cocoa.m compile error (Cocoa -> SDL)

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: ui/cocoa.m compile error (Cocoa -> SDL)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:18:09 +0200

> On 17 Jan 2022, at 15:30, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@livius.net> wrote:
>
> I will try to rebuild using --with-cocoa on newer systems, to validate the
> rest of the build.

I confirm that after reverting to --with-cocoa, both Intel and Apple Silicon
builds are able to emulate Thomas' vexpress-a9 project.

However this was an expensive change, since I had to install a macOS 10.14
virtual machine, with a full build environment, GitHub self-hosted runners, etc.

I think that decisions to deprecate support for older macOS releases should be
considered carefully, since using older machines for running builds and tests
is not a rare occurrence.

Regards,

Liviu