qexo-general

[Qexo-general] Re: useful servlet

From: ivelin
Subject: [Qexo-general] Re: useful servlet
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 21:19:10 -0600

> > The saveClass should probably be a servlet init parameter, rather than
> > request parameter.
>
> Hmm, I kinda liked it as a request parameter.  The use case is:

> nice, what if the query parameter that caused the .class file to be
> written out was an init parameter?  That would at least give the
application
> control over its parameter namespace.

Like it.

> > Reportedly Servlet Printer and Writer are implemented very
> > inefficiently.
> > Using plain OutputStream is preferable.
>
> Hmm, I didn't realize this class was doing any buffering.  My preference

I know that char->byte may be an issue.
Can't remember the details any longer, but during JavaOne 2001, I attended a
session held by an apparently popular figure in servlet programming.
He was explaining in details how to boost servlet performance by skipping
the writer.
... but then again, things probably changed since then.

Let's see what Per has to say.

Ivelin