qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] RE: useful servlet

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] RE: useful servlet
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:15:41 -0800

Tom Reilly wrote:
No hurry, I was particulary interested in what you thought
of the patch to XQuery.java.

I think it is ugly for the XQuery constructor to set
the current state as a side-effect.  The loadClass
calls need it to be set, alas, but I think it at
least does need to be restored.  And this should be
done in the XQuery constructor, not getInstance.

I just checked in a patch to do this.  I think the
proper place to call Environment.setCurrent is in
the registerEnvironment method, as for Scheme, so
I fixed that as well.

To make KawaPageServlet not crash, we need to do
the same there:

Interpreter interp = Interpreter.getInstanceFromFilenameExtension(path);
        Interpreter.defaultInterpreter = interp;
        Environment.setCurrent(interp.getEnvironment());

I've reviewed the KawaPageServlet code.  It looks good,
but I have a few more notes/questions:

Why doesn't KawaPageServlet inherit from KawaServlet? It seems
like there is fair bit of needless duplication.

The variable $request isn't getting bound.  I haven't looked
into why yet.

Can parameters have hyphens?  If so should "saveClass" perhaps
be a Qexo-specific name like "qexo-save-class"?
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/