qexo-general

Re: [Qexo-general] RE: useful servlet

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] RE: useful servlet
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:18:48 -0800

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> String.intern() is a good idea,

Actually, since we agree you need to synchronize on the
procedureCache (Tom, can you fix this?), is there any benefit
to intern'ing the path?

Tom Reilly wrote:

Hmm, I kinda liked [saveClass] as a request parameter.  The use case is:

1) run a kawa page
2) see an exception from the generated code
3) request the page again with ?saveClass
4) load the .class file in a decompiler/class file viewer and debug

This does seem useful - but as I mentioned yesterday, it should
perhaps have a more qexo-specific name?

Hmm, I didn't realize this class was doing any buffering.  My preference
would be for ServletPrinter to write directly to response.getWriter relying on
the
servlet engine's buffering.

I agree, for now.  We can re-visit this later, as long as we don't have
to change the API.

I know the Kawa XML parser should be changed to work on an InputStream,
rather than a Reader, so it can handle XML encoding specifications.
(It can then build a Reader *after* it as seen any encoding
specifications.)  (This is an aside, and doesn't directly affect
KawaPageServlet, of course.)
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/